45 COMMUNIST GOALS FOR TAKE-OVER OF AMERICA
45 COMMUNIST GOALS FOR TAKE-OVER OF AMERICA
Congressional Record, Vol. 109 88th Congress, 1st Session Appendix Pages A1-A2842 Jan. 9-May 7, 1963 Reel 12
The Communist Takeover Of
America - 45 Declared Goals
From Greg Swank
You are about to read a list of 45 goals that found their way down the halls of our
great Capitol back in 1963. As you read this, 39 years later, you should be shocked by the events that have played themselves
out. I first ran across this list 3 years ago but was unable to attain a copy and it has bothered me ever since. Recently,
Jeff Rense posted it on his site and I would like to thank him for doing so. http://www.rense.com
Communist Goals (1963) Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Thursday,
January 10, 1963 .
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate
opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the
public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous
consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as
the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not
items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China.
Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's
promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the
conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as
the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent
armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these
two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the
U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda.
Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control
of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations
which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial
writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was
told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion
pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize
the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase
of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance
to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them
as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture
and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more
emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized
control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric
disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession
and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise
children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive
influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the
American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic,
political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation
so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court
jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Sources at end.
In the early hours of November 22nd (1963) we learned
of the quiet passing of C.S. Lewis and hours later we were brought to our knees when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated
and our nation mourned.
On June 17, 1963 the U.S. Supreme Court concluded that any Bible reciting
or prayer, in public schools, was deemed unconstitutional.
While American's have endured great prosperity over
the past 40 years we have also lost our moral compass and direction. In reviewing the research, data supports 1963 as a focal
point, demonstrating a downward slope in our moral and social decline through 2001.
Note by Webmaster: The Congressional Record back this far (2001) has not be digitized and posted
on the Internet.
It will probably be available at your nearest library that is a federal repository. Call them
and ask them. Your college library is probably a repository. This is an excellent source of government records. Another source
are your Congress Critters. They should be more than happy to help you in this matter. You will find the Ten Planks of the
Communist Manifesto interesting at this point.
Webmaster Forest Glen Durland found the document in the library.
Sources are listed below.
Microfilm: California State University at San Jose Clark Library,
Government Floor Phone (408)924-2770 Microfilm Call Number: J 11.R5
Congressional Record, Vol. 109 88th Congress,
1st Session Appendix Pages A1-A2842 Jan. 9-May 7, 1963 Reel 12
1963- The Year That Changed America
Communist Take-Over of America – 45 Declared Goals